Frequently Asked Questions
|How to revert to a previous version after an update?|
|If ExactScan was installed by a regular user, an update will move the previous version into the Trash. You can simply restore it by dragging it out of the Trash.|
|How to convert existing files into searchable PDF?|
|1. Open ExactScan Pro -> "New Scan" in the "File" menu|
2. Then choose a profile for example the "B/W PDF" and enable "Create searchable documents" in the OCR tab
3. Then close this window and select "Open File..." in the "File" menu and select the files
4. All files will be converted as you defined in your selected profile before.
|Why does ExactScan not show my TWAIN driver in the scanner list?|
|There are still many old, PowerPC TWAIN drivers and they will not show up in the scanner list when running on an newer, Intel Mac. Please follow
these steps to allow support for these drivers in ExactScan:|
1. Close ExactScan.
2. Open the Finder's context menu of ExactScan and choose "Get Info".
3. Then enable the option "Open using Rosetta".
4. Start ExactScan again and it will show your driver.
|If you have any question about ExactScan please email us: email@example.com|